Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Los Campesinos! were Los Tiresome

Went to a show last night at Beauty Bar to catch up-and-coming indie rock band Los Campesinos!. Besides being intrigued by the exclamation point (a la Panic! at the Disco) at the end of their name, I like British bands. Listening to their accents makes me feel intelligent. Similar to the feeling i have after several cups of coffee each morning...which eventually wears off and I return to my doltish existence. I wasn't impressed with the band. They were unengaging and uninspiring. And my Blue Moon was lukewarm. Plus, what's the deal with no glass allowed on the patio out back? Is there a freaking pool? No. Disappointed, I found myself checking the clock and wondering when the last time that poor keyboard player had eaten. Still bored, I won't suggest a wine pairing.

However, Imagine Dragons (the opening band from Las Vegas) was good. Very enthralled in their music and believable. I was sold. Last song called "Clouds" made me shake my ass or tap my right foot ever so awkwardly. Nice guys too. Maybe I'll bring them in for a Rock 'n Roll Wine event sometime.






1 comment:

  1. Imagine Dragions are great, but wine might not work; The band is Mormon:)

    ReplyDelete